Sunday, December 23, 2007

Fear

People often come up to me and tell the various perils they have in their life…..”Man I need to clear my exams”….”this is very bad for my career”…etc etc….I often think what it is that drives the people to worry about their upcoming activities…or the ones completed already…Even I have been in such a scenario when I have been very tensed about my future and career activities…This tension is attributed to a fear…

We come across a number of fears in our life….One is actually known to us as fear while others we term as something else….When we are in college, we are often worried about exams and how we would fair and stuff..this is actually a fear…fear of not being able to see a future for yourself if the current obstacle (exam) is not overcome….similarly when at work, we wonder, where is my career heading? Will I ever “grow” in this job? This thought is also associated with a fear..this one is a very big one…it basically starts from the thought that if we continue doing what we are..we would be overtaken in this race of life…due to this, we wont be able to earn extra cash…this would in term affect the way we live our life…we wont be able to fulfil the responsibilities which we have inherited living in this black hole called as society….this thought is scared and hence fearful….

The tragedy of this world is that we are bounded to the society with our so called set of responsibilities hence making us fearful of our actions…..every action has a cause and effect….If we do not do well in our job (cause) we wont be able to fulfil the current obligations which we have on our minds (effect)..This fear makes us strive to achieve the impossible…but in this all mess do we really think sometimes…what would the world be if the bonds of responsibilities do not exist? If I can live in this world just for myself with a constant supply of the necessities of life?

I wonder if I can one night get up, think and just grab a bunch of clothes, put them in a bag and then head out in a direction which I just thought of 10 mins ago? If the bonds of responsibilities are not present I would be able to carry out such a stunt..as I wont have the fear of the people/obligations that I am accounted for bound me to the house, the life that I am in….I cannot afford to be off the grid for a time period which depends on my mood…Very few people have such a luxury….Some people whom we know very well have this kind of luxury…to do what comes into their minds...the criminals of society…Pity that with no responsibilities they think only about negative aspects of freedom rather than the positive ones…Some actually do wrong things to attend a dream which can be fulfilled only with pots and pots of money!!!!

At the end of it all, the basic problem with human fear is that it is gripping…it plays on your mind all the time…there is no escaping it…even though you go off the grid for some days..that fear will ensure that you are back in that seat in office Monday after your leave (to go off the grid) is completed….otherwise the opportunities which will help better your life would be handed over to others….

Fear induces greed in people…I have never been able to understand what drives celebrities to increase their paycheck size…the amount of money they make in a year for some is a gross amount earned in a lifetime…it is the fear which induces the greed to have more money in your life…the fear that the good looks and good acting would one day cease to exist and the excellent lifestyle would be a thing of the past… This greed is in normal human being also….the average middle class worker also has this greed…this one is induced by fear to better on the current way of living otherwise the same will consume you up!!

What I would really want to do is to wash off my hands with all the burdens of life and go off in the wilderness with absolute no clue as to what my destination is….However, I cant do this….the reason…I am afraid….

No comments: