Sunday, December 23, 2007

Temper Temper!!! The fanatical stuff that people do!!!

Well a different title from me to write but believe me, I know everything there is to know about temper flaring!! I have always been a hot headed person..so much so that my mom was actually scared of me losing my temper!! She tried a lot of things to calm me down…even remember bribing me with sweets only if I cool down!

I was a mess during my early teens…never able to control my temper,…once I got so mad that I threw a cricket bat at my friend…..don’t worry it wasn’t my bat!! Then one day I met a professor who took history lessons for me during my 10th grade exam… He said “ Vaats, tu katehi gussa mat ho, jabhi tuhje gussa aaye bhagawan ko yaad kar aur uske banaye hue praniyonko yaad kar…..phir dekhna, tera tapit vyavwahar kaam ho jayega aur tu zindagi mein kafi acche sunder dost banayega!” I knw I knw, this is not exactly the words he mentioned but what the hell this is my piece of work isn’t it? :) Well I decided to follow his advice and try out this new technique…and it was a grand success. Now whenever I get angry I think of a variety of scenarios which are really awesome!

When people get angry they behave in an unusual manner…there is no rational behaviour which u can tag to a person who has his hell’s kitchen on fire! I saw people who wear suits to people who wearing lungi behave the same way when provoked by a situation. However, the people in suits didn’t really create any impact on the situation as the lungi walas did!! There was this teacher of mine who had a knack for getting irritated by what we said and did!! So what if we played X and Zero during Science class! Well once she got sooo angry that her temperature reached boiling point, she grabbed a ruler and in her own unique way shouted out “ I will kick you with this ruler!!!!” We knew at that moment itself that she aint a football fan! Normally when a teacher roars, we tend to keep quiet but on this occasion the entire class burst into a laughter which only subsided when we had to run 5 rounds of the sports ground!

Anger I think brings out the badass tendency in people. You come to know who has the guts of confrontation and who doesn’t! All you need to do is to make that person angry! Once I was traveling on a BEST bus…it was a usual June afternoon wherein a 79 seater bus was housing around 150 people…everyone in their own comfort zone and all…in such a nice non sticky atmosphere, a guy in his mid twenties was standing in a double line when someone stood on his feet!! The guy had his girlfriend with him so of course he tried to act macho in front of her. He announced! “Kisne pair rakha kisne rakha! Abe **** tune hi rakha hoga” he challenged a short guy next to him…..the short guy petrified as he was muttered “ Maine nahi kiya”…just when Mr Macho was about to sling another lasso of words at him, a small cute voice penetrated the tension and the background noise and the businessman’s voice shouting share market rates on the phone….that voice said “Sorry, maine mazak mein pair mara tuhje!” It was the macho guy’s super girl friend who I think found out that day the kind of angry which she might have to witness in the future years to come if it gets to that!

The best display of anger is when people bump their heads in traffic…In one such situation, there was an instant when a Sedan kissed the rear of a autoricksaw…Now, normally when this happens the Sedan owner will shower his golden words passed down thru generations to the ricksaw driver….however, it was surprising to see the ricksaw driver climbing all over the Sedan to get a smack of the owner!! The owner who was a smart thud in his college was just repeating these words “**** jyada bola na toh dekh lena…” The ricksaw driver getting provoked at every occurrence of these words came at the Sedan thud with a great deal of velocity….velocity of words…some which even I had never heard of and the combinations which he used didn’t make sense at the time but required a great knowledge of the Swearing language to sink in! This proved to me once and for all that how much big a thud u are, you will always find a match! “For every word slinging bad mouthing gentleman, there is an equally qualified scholar!”

Saving the best for last, to witness a woman fighting is like witnessing a rocket launch or witnessing a sack full of tuning forks falling on the ground….there is a rumbling in the beginning followed by ultrasonic blasts as the lady goes into a full blooded word attack on its prey!! If you want to witness it, I knw a trigger, Just sit in the ladies seat in a bus and refuse to get up from it only twice…That is enough for the female to achieve super nova!!! The people who bear the brunt of this heat are bus conductors with whom these lady negotiate ticket fairs, vegetable sellers (self explained) and anyone who will cross their path!! What I really enjoy in these fits of anger is the “K” factor….the type of dialogue are the ones which Ekta Kapoor feeds on!! Even Ramanand Sagar didn’t have this much amount of melodrama in his Ramayan!!!

Taking a look at these people makes me happy to knw that I am not alone in this world…There are people who throw amazing performances so great that they can actually get nominated for the Oscar for “Best Performance in the Insanely angry category”. I knw lots of you make be thinking what do I do when I get angry! There is only one way to find out…………..Care to tick me off ? :)

No comments: