Sunday, December 23, 2007

Love at First Sight: Truth or Myth!

Once my friend uttered these glorious words “It is simply impossible to fall in love at first sight. This is a load of crap!” Exactly a month later, another set of golden words are uttered by him “Man, she is so awesome!! The moment I saw her I knew that she is the one to tolerate me for the rest of her life.” Considering the circumstances they met, I am surprised that they fell in love.

The dude was in a shopping mall spreading his principles all over the place. That’s when he spotted her. She was doing the only thing a girl knows to do…..shopping and combined with the 2nd best thing girls like to do…complaining she was having a ball (meaning she was complaining about not having any variety in the stuff she was looking at). The guy was mesmerized by this chick and wandered over to the girls section and when he thought he would be in a position to speak to her, she started looking him in a very weird way….. The camera zoomed out to reveal that this guy was in the lingerie section looking at a potential item of purchase!!! She just walked off and ended up in a coffee shop where this dude happened to land up! He was still under the spell of her beauty and was totally excited to see her. Then in the typical hindi film style he asked her “is this seat taken” In true hindi fashion she said “No” showing no interest at all as of she still angry at the fact that a small size t shirt didn’t fit her! That’s the opening the dude required to convey his feelings to her. All I can say is that they left the coffee house hand in hand.

Interesting story isn’t it. You can debate that this is fictional and things like this don’t happen in real life but this is the way life is!! I myself am not a believer in love at 1st sight! I too think it is a load of crap!! But still I wanted to fall into love in this manner! Its something like a geek who knows aliens don’t exist but would give away the world to see a glimpse of them!

According to me, love is a something a little more than a friendship feeling. It is very difficult to perfectly define the feeling of being loved. Take my case for instance, I never knew what I felt until one moment changed it all. I looked into her eyes and felt supreme comfort and that was the time I said those words “I love you”. At first I thought that I have lost a great friend forever. But then she smiled….a smile with which I fell in love with, all over again!

For me love at 1st sight is something which u might get by luck…..I have seldom seen people who have fallen head over heals for someone and actually going on to complete the beautiful story of love!! The major thing which I come across is a misconception! I was under one such misconception that love only occurs by 1st sight! I used to try my luck at this every now and then. In this search for the perfect sight, my eyes always overlooked the beautiful being which was slowly coming into my life and forming a part of it. I too subconsciously grew close to this cute thing, helping her in every step of the way, laughing with her, getting sad with her, advising her about right and wrong, going out of the way to help her. Then there came a time when we were not in touch for a couple of weeks. It is during this time that I came to know how much this awesome individual had come into my life. I couldn’t imagine a life, which doesn’t involve her! Could this be love??? Could this be really happening? These are just a couple of the many questions which circled in my mind. But ultimately the glow on her face was the only thing which
I needed to see to confirm the very glorious fact!.... She is the one for me”

See, for me love at 1st sight is just a physical thing….My love was developed over a period of time..both of us came to know about all the skeletons in our closets well before we fell in love and I feel that is the main USP of our relationship. We started in exactly the reverse order!!

This has been a wonderful journey so far!! I have enjoyed every moment of it! And I sincerely hope that this just the beginning of paradise!! So here I am wishing you dear….Happy one year Anniversary!

No comments: